When you see a photo of Venice, you probably think about the famous carnival, a ride with the gondola and a lot of romance. Yes, Venice is famous as a city of love, but consider that you can do much more things interesting things!
- Climb the most meaningful steps! You can find this unique place in the courtyard of Acqua Alta Library. Up there, you’ll have a beautiful view with one of the canals of the city.
2. You’ll love being lost on the streets of Venice. Just forget about the map!
3. Take your time to admire the Bridge of Sights. It connects Doge’s Palace to New Prison, crossing Rio di Palazzo.
4. Go on a trip on Murano Island for Venetian Glass. Here you can visit glass factories, museum and shops. It is an incredible art!
5. Buy a carnival mask. And if you don’t wanna go to the carnival, it can be a beautiful piece of decoration in your room!
6. Enjoy un buon gelato artigianale on Rialto Bridge!
7. While dining, listen to an unforgettable concert in San Marco Square.
8. Taste the local food at a local (non-touristic) restaurant. You must leave the center of the city and San Marco Square to find a good one. Or ask the locals.
9. You must fully enjoy San Marco Square. If you don’t want to express your feelings, just stay there and notice the people, the doves and the gondolas.
10. Buy all sweets on which is written the word pistachio. You’ll love it, I think it is addictive!
11. Stay a while on Rialto Bridge, by day and by night. You’ll see how the Grand Canal has its own life. It’s incredible!
12. Do you still want a gondola ride? Take one and go to Basilica Di San Giorgio Maggiore, a 16th-century classical renaissance construction.